Get the SchoolAtomic App and put your school newspaper into the hands of students…
FOR SCHOOLS: Safe & Affordable
- Editorial control – Your school establishes the rules
- No data collected, privacy assured
- Publish approved posts only
- Free App downloads
FOR KIDS: Simplify Student Reporting
- Instant notification – Reach kids digitally
- Automated layouts – No more printing!
- Centralized control – Everything you need in one app
FOR COMMUNITY: Strengthen Local News
- Collaborate with your local newspaper
- Build community – Get everybody reading!
- Read and support students’ exercise of the first amendment
Customize Your SchoolAtomic App
Your School / Your App
- Every screen is branded with your school logo
- Use your school colors for your posting background
- There is no set schedule, you decide what and when you post.
- Post Slideshows and Videos
- Schedule Stories
- Categorize News and Opinion
- Moderate Comments
- Submit News Tips
- Get Instant Alerts
- Like/Dislike and Share stories
- Search posts
How SchoolAtomic Works
- Snap pics from your phone
- Write any-sized posts – No character limits!
- Send content to editor/advisor
- Hear student ideas/assign stories
- Edit content
- Schedule posts
- Moderate comments
- Get Notifications
- Share through Text, Email…
- Leave a comment
- Search all posts
Download Our Flagship App
SchoolAtomic’s flagship student journalism app, Devil’s Advocate, is run by a crew of seven to ten dedicated Ellenville High School student journalists that are passionate about reporting what happens in their school. The kids meet once a month to hash out story ideas, guided by a student editor and two adult advisers who volunteer their time. They post one story for every day that school is in session, ranging from a picture and a couple sentences, to feature-length investigative pieces.